Friday, May 27, 2011

Post Competition Reflection

After competing in the Trebuchet Challenge, it is possible to draw a number of conclusions. All in all, I was pleased with the way our trebuchet performed. For the distance part of the competition, our trebuchet struggled with consistency. Our maximum distance was quite good but our average distance suffered due to a few poor throws. As for the accuracy part of the competition, I was disappointed with the outcome. Our trebuchet performed alright but did not place well in the standings.

If I were to change anything about our existing trebuchet, I would modify it so that the design specifications were much more precise so as the trebuchet would perform more consistantly. I feel that one of our biggest problems came with the fact that some of our measurements werem't as precise as they could have been and this lead to inconsistancies in our trebuchet's performance.

If our group was to construct a new trebuchet, I would definitely stick with our current design, but I would put a strong emphasis on precision when constructing the trebuchet. I feel that if our trebuchet was constructed with greater precision, it would have performed much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment